Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Mag Card

I made this card with the intent of entering it into two different challenges, but I kinda missed out on one of them. Forgot about entering it on Charisma Cardz, so whatever. My loss I guess...
So I guess I'm just able to enter in (Angie) Scrap Girl's blog challenge to make an easel card using mostly brown & red. I know the picture doesn't show it, but it is mostly red & brown...with pink & beige. Tilda's dress is actually colored with a shade of reddish brown, & the apron is red with brown details. Edwin's shirt is colored in the same shade of reddish brown. The two nesties behind the stamped images are red and a lovely chocolate brown with a pink background. The base is actually a brown background with tan and pink ovals for the sentiment...
I'm not impressed with the overall turnout of this card. I like the whole couple thing...but it doesn't quite work for a wedding card....buuut I don't have a Tilda wedding image/stamp so I had to use my imagination. Hmm...maybe next time I'll come up with something better. As for now, I might end up taking apart the base and change the sentiment...
Or just decide to heck with it and leave it as it is.....Either way...I think I'll just skip the whole card thing for the rest of today and go sew.

1 comment:

  1. Jachelle, What a sweet wedding card! I love how you paired these two images. Just darling! Thank you so much for joining in on my blog candy challenge.

    Angie
    www.scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete