Monday, March 15, 2010

laa dee daa - another week another monday

After a busy weekend of cropping, I have to admit, I didn't get as much completed as I could & should have. But I guess that's the price I have to pay for laboring over each card for an hour or two (something that rarely ever happens, btw!) Normally I make about ten cards within that time frame. Okay, so sure, they are identical, but that's besides the point, eh?

This wedding card was just one of the many cards I made. *smile. Since a few of my cousins (and others) are planning on getting married this year, I decided to get a head start on making cards for them. So sure, one whole card is not much of a head start, but whatever. It's better than nothing. Besides, its a card that is going to get me in the mood for making wedding cards, so its all good.

This Mother's Day card is also special. I started out making it for my mom, but...who wants to give her a card she was sitting there watching you make? I don't. Besides, some others asked me to make a card for them to give their mother, & I'll just pass it on. Actually I'm not sure if I will. It has a coffee spot on there, and while I'm positive no one will notice it because I covered it, I still feel a little bad. Grr. I could just scream every time someone messes up my cards just because it was standing on the counter. Beside the coffee pot. LOL. Really, no one will ever see it, because its hidden behind bling, and it was such a tiny mark....oh well. At least its a little brightened up, if nothing else. I'm sure whoever gets it, will appreciate it. If not...then they don't deserve it. There. I've said it all...about this card anyways. *smile.

This is my last baptism card I'm making this year. At least I think it is. Hope...think...same difference. I've made so many of them that I've completely run out of ideas. Really, I have. *sigh. Don't you just hate it when there's certain cards you have to make, and you can't because the ideas are starting to feel 'old'? I know I do. Which is why I made this one gate-fold style. I actually love these cards. There is a lot more there to work with, and i honestly think I will be making a lot more of these in the future - that is, until I discover a new style. I still don't favor 'square' cards, so it'll be a while till I try those. For now..I'll go with traditional and of course, gate fold.

Last but not least, I thought I'd share my get well soon card. Since I don't have many on hand, and I decided I want to make a card using my 'cheery get well wishes' stamp, I made one. Another gate-fold card. I used lots and lots of glitter (obviously). I did notice however, that my camera's personality clashes with glitter and they absolutely do not get along. Which is my camera's problem, not mine, because I am not, under any circumstances, going to give up my glitter just because my camera decided to develop an attitude problem against it. Naa, I think the best course of action would be to get a new camera. Hmm...now there's an idea.

Oh Oh Oh...before I forget,
Sally's Creative Corner is Spotlighting Simon Says Stamp this week. If you love frogs, you will absolutely ADORE these stamps. Check them out! Aren't they the cutest??

Wanna win them? Check out Sally's site, and pass on the word about Simon Says on YOUR blog.

Oh and while you're passing on the word about Sally's site...pass on the word about my blog too. :D I like comments..and followers. Its getting addictive.

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at your card on my blog read list. Love it... Thanks for the write up about Simon Says Stamp and good luck...

    ReplyDelete